There are places that have a particular serenity about them, that inspire calmness and peace: the little square in Cissone is one of such places. It’s dominated by the parish church dedicated to Saint Lucy “virgin and martyr, patron of the blind, the oculists and the electricians”.
It was completed in 1768. It has an ambitious and various facade decorated with statues, and an inside that’s wonderfully intimate and rich of traces of centuries of devotion, further embellished by the recent restoring.
Particularly beautiful are the wooden decorations and the portal.
Photo Credits: ritchie97x