Albaretto della Torre – The tower that soares on the houses in the central square is the only remaining of a castle built by the Del Carretto family and destroyed in 1630 by the French artillery, who were in the Langhe during the war for the succession on the throne of Monferrato.
It has a square structure, and as only decoration a series of little arches on the top; it is at present owned by the commune.
Recently it has been opened to the public, though the stairs, very steep in the last part, allow the visit only to very athletic people.
From the top it’s possible to see a wonderful panorama on the Langhe and the mountains.
Credits: foto by Edmond Kaceli