Castellinaldo – Characteristic “high place”, that can be seen from the distance, the “bric”, the hill on which the church of San Servazio stands was a part of the ancient french-alemannic area.
The saint lived in the IV century, distinguished himself in the anti-arian war and was particularly esteemed by the French: this could be the reason for its santification between the VIII and the XIX centuries and the building of the church in this particular and strategical place.
In 1581, the church was entirely decorated with frescos, almost certainly painted by the whole community.
At the center of the apse, there’s a wonderful painting of the Virgin with Child, with saint Peter and San Servazio; other saints are painted on the four walls.
Photo Credits: Ecomuseo delle Rocche e del Roero