Bossolasco’s showpiece is the square in the high part of town. It has a beautiful surrounding of old houses and a beautiful view on the Langhe (the green Belbo valley), and the impressive church of Saint John the Baptist.
With its wide porch and its stone facade, the church looks very old; it was built in 1927, as an extension of the older parish church. The bell tower (built in 1464; its top has been destroyed by a lightning) and the many stone crests on the portal and the facade are original, traces of the old building. Inside, the decorations are also relatively recent, though they remind of styles of the past.
A new lighting makes the church particularly suggestive at sunset: that’s why it’s often used as a background for cultural happenings that take place in the square.
Cravanzana, CN, Italia