14:00 → 18:00
At the foot of the panoramic Moncucco hill, celebrated by the writer Cesare Pavese in his poem “I Mari del Sud” we find the Azienda Agricola Cascina Fontanette farmstead run by the Ariano family.
Roughly 25,000 bottles are produced every year from its 8 hectares of vineyards.
The wines it produces are numerous and representative of this territory, which includes the outermost part of the Langhe and the initial Monferrato hills.
The company’s priority is respect for both its vineyards and nature; it therefore prefers to use natural fertilizers, a limited amount of pesticides and to keep the vine rows clean using mulch-laying machines and brush-cutters.
The vineyards are treated only with sulfur and greenery to ensure customers a natural and transparent product.
Moreover, Cascina Fontanette produces clean energy through 4 photovoltaic systems.
A story that
begins in 1920
in Santo Stefano Belbo
For almost one hundred years Cascina Fontanette has been involved in the processing of grapes and the production of genuine wines.
The Winery dates back to 1920. The family is from Valdivilla, a small hilly hamlet just outside Santo Stefano Belbo, where they owned wooded land and vineyards.
In 1944, Franco's grandfather traded the land and the house where he lived with the current house and the adjoining vineyards.
They moved just a few hills away, a few steps from the centre of the village, to what at the time was an old distillery. The entire area was renovated so as to leave room for the nascent winery.
In the ’60s, the wine business officially began and the family began to send the first barrels to Turin, Milan and Aosta, facilitated by the proximity of the railway station.
The company took a major leap and began expanding in the 80s with Franco, applying a more modern vision of the business.
A considerable growth, considering Franco’s initial wines were exclusively Moscato and Barbera d’Asti.
The wines are genuine and produced with the best grapes.
There are many labels produced by Cascina Fontanette: quality white and red that enhance the characteristics of the territory.
Being on the border between Langhe and Monferrato, in this company it is possible to compare typical wines from different areas of origin.
Barbera d’Asti DOCG, Monferrato Rosso DOC, Barbera d’Alba DOC and Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC are just some of the labels.
There’s also a selection of aromatized wines including a red chinato wine, made with nebbiolo grapes, that goes extremely well with cheeses and chocolates.
N° of Bottles
Visits & Tastings
The Winery, easily reachable, is located at the town gates and has ample parking.
Once the guests are welcomed and the company is introduced, the visit to the adjacent Moscato, Dolcetto and Barbera vineyards begins.
The visit then moves on to the processing and refining areas located on two separate floors. The wine-making stages are illustrated, among the fridge cells and wine presses, from the arrival of the grapes right up to the bottling.
The tasting session takes place in a dedicated room where the wines are paired with typical local products such as bread, bread-sticks, cheese and cold-cuts.
Reduced → 10€/person
3 wines to choose among the basic ones. Recommended wines: Brut, Dolcetto d’Alba DOC, Barbera d’Asti DOCG.
Full → 15€/person
5 wines to choose among the basic ones. Recommended wines: Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC, Monferrato Rosso DOC, Moscato DOCG, Vino Bianco Vendemmia Tardiva (Passito), Aromino Rosso Chinato
Premium → 25€/person
5 wines to choose among the basic ones. Recommended wines: Vino Spumante Brut, Dolcetto d’Alba DOC, Barbera d’Alba DOC, Barbera d’Asti DOC, Moscato d’Asti DOCG, Aromino Rosso Chinato, Vino Bianco Vendemmia Tardiva (Passito)
In the company, in addition to the wines, you can purchase IGP certified Piedmont hazelnuts and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, from Taggiasche olives, made by the old Frantoio Saguato olive oil mill in Diano Marina.
- Piemonte DOC Cortese: 5,00 €
- Vino Bianco Bertus: 5,00 €
- Vino Spumante Brut: 6,50 €
- Vino Rosato: 5,00 €
- Dolcetto d’Alba DOC: 5,00 €
- Barbera d’Asti DOCG: 5,00 €
- Barbera d’Alba DOC: 5,00 €
- Piemonte DOC Barbera: 5,00 €
- Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC: 7,00 €
- Monferrato Rosso DOC: 5,00 €
- Moscato d’Asti DOCG: 8,00 €
- Mosto parzialmente fermentato Ebrezza di Dama: 5,00 €
- Mosto parzialmente fermentato rosso La Verotta: 8,50 €
- Vino Bianco Vendemmia Tardiva (Passito): 15,00 €
- Aromino Rosso Chinato: 15,00 €
- Reduced → 10,00 € per person
- Full→ 15,00 € per person
- Premium → 25,00 € per person
- The products can be shipped directly to a destination of your choice
- Interpreter upon request and paid separately for taking the tour in other languages
- Upon request, there is a large hall (not heated) available for large groups
- Please remember to highlight any food allergies or intolerance
Olive oil and hazelnuts
- Piedmont Hazelnuts: 250 gram bags – 7.00 €
- Extra virgin Olive Oil “Antico Frantoio Saguato” from Diano Marina 0.50 liter – 8.00 €
- Extra virgin Olive Oil “Antico Frantoio Saguato” from Diano Marina 0.75 liter – 13.50 €
Località Bricco del Gallo, Sinio, CN, Italia
Montelupo Albese, CN, Italia
14:00 → 18:00