At the times of Einaudi, the first President of the Italian Republic, Somano was already a famous touristic place for the rich and wealthy people, thanks to the beauty of its landscape and the good climate.
Among the monuments, there’s the church of San Donato, built in 1480. Only a few ruins are left of the old castle, once owned by the lords D’Aste from Savoia.
The patronal fair is held on the first Sunday in August.
Somano is first referred to in a document signed by Olderico Manfredi’s daughters in 1078.
We also know that in the town during the XII century there was a little castle, knocked down at the beginning of the XVII century, just after the town had been acquired by the Savoia.