In the small hamlet of Rivalta, at the beginning of the road that connects it to Verduno, you find yourself almost automatically in the parking lot of “La Cantina“.
The tactical position, the numerous parking spaces and the panoramic view allow it to have a reputation that goes back more than 50 years, considered a bit like an icon of the Langhe.
An addition to these are for sure the convivial atmosphere and the hospitality of the owners, that in the various managements have always been able to make the customer feel “at home“.
A story that
begins in 1966
From father to son
The year was 1966 when Battista, with the help of his wife Silvana, opened the first "Bar Trattoria" in Rivalta.
The two cooked simple dishes every day to give an extra service to their customers, but the place was considered more as a meeting point, in an area where at the time there were few others.
Their son Emiliano, who grew up in the family bar and well aware of the attraction of the Langhe, decided in 2007 to invest in a new look for the business, in line with the current trends.
He completed the work in 2017, a year that saw a new beginning for "La Cantina": now managed by Emiliano and his wife Victoria, the restaurant took the form of "Wine Bar" with attached a Wine Shop, with the aim of evolving in time, bringing the focus on catering.
Starting from breakfast - with homemade cakes and desserts - and high quality aperitifs, the two slowly begin to offer cold dishes, small snacks and salads.
In 2018, the kitchen officially reopened.
The choice of a genuine and homely gastronomic proposal is the strength of Emiliano and Victoria's cuisine.
Each ingredient is carefully selected and purchased fresh every day, with a preference for local products: bread made with Bra flour, high quality meat, fresh vegetables of the farmers give the visitor an example of traditional local cuisine.
The dishes, although decorated with the aesthetic touch of Victoria, don’t try to amaze with complex combinations, but reflect the concreteness and simplicity of the restaurateurs.
The kitchen is open every day for lunch, while dinner is available only on Fridays and Saturdays, preferably by reservation.
Wine by the Glass
- Vegetarian: Yes
- Vegan: Upon Request
- Celiac: Upon Request
N° of Seats
The pride of "La Cantina" is the courageous choice of management of the wine list, curated by Emiliano.
The owner, passionate about wine, became aware of the Coravin and its benefits and decided to give customers a different proposal from the usual winery.
With this new technology it is in fact possible to consume the wine without uncorking the bottle, preserving it from oxidation and allowing it to be kept longer.
This allows Emiliano to offer customers a vast selection of wines “by the glass”, as well as the opportunity to dine combining the right wine with each course.
Excluding a selection of wines that is never lacking in “La Cantina”, the paper is in constant development, and from week to week it is possible to discover wines of all kinds, which go beyond the boundaries of Langhe.
Using a very fine needle, the Coravin pierces the capsule of the bottle and pours the wine in the glass, replacing it with gas.
The cork closes spontaneously after the hole: in this way, anyone who has the curiosity to taste any wine, today can do it without the commitment of buying an entire bottle.
At “La Cantina” there is a varied and high-level wine list dedicated to this new mechanism.
- Insalata russa 6,50€
- Vitello tonnato 7,50€
- Raw piedmontese meat 7,00€
- Verduno's raw sausage 5,00€
- Tris of appetizers 11,00€
- Herb flan on Fontina cream 7,00€
- Pie with zucchini, peppers, bacon 6,00€
- Tris of bruschette € 7,00
- Gnocchi with Castelmagno DOP 8,00€
- Tajarin 7,00€
- "Agnulot del Plin" stuffed with herbs 7,00€
- "Agnulot del Plin" stuffed with meat 7,00€
Sauce of your choice: Tomato sauce, ragù, butter and sage, pesto
Selection of cold cuts
- Mix 1 person 10,00€ / 2 people 16,00€
- Vegetariano 1 person 9,00€ / 2 people 15,00€
- La Cantina 1 person 13,00€ / 2 people 20,00€
- Caesar salad 8,00€
- Big salad 8,00€
- Small salad 6,00€
- Caprese salad 6,50€
- Panna cotta with fresh fruit coulis 5,00€
- Grandma Silvana's Bonèt 5,00€
- Tiramisù 5,00€
- Cheesecake 5,00€
“Coravin” Wine List
- Barbera D’Alba DOC F.lli Alessandria
- Barbera D’Alba DOC Morra Gabriele
- Barbera D’Asti DOCG Scarpa “Casa Scarpa“
- Barbera D’Asti DOCG La Spinetta “Cà di Pian“
- Ruchè DOCG di Montalbera “Laccento“
- Verduno Pelaverga DOC Castello di Verduno “Basadone“
- Verduno Pelaverga DOC F.lli Alessandria “Speziale“
- Langhe Nebbiolo DOC F.lli Alessandria “Prinsiòt“
- Langhe Nebbiolo DOC Morra Gabriele
- Langhe Freisa DOC 499 Azienda Agricola
- Barolo DOCG F.lli Alessandria Cru “San Lorenzo“
- Barolo DOCG Cadia Cru “Monvigliero“
- Barolo DOCG Burlotto Massara
- Barbaresco DOCG Morra Gabriele
- Langhe Favorita F.lli Alessandria
- Langhe Chardonnay DOC Bruno Rocca “Cadet“
- Langhe Sauvignon DOC Tenute Cisa Asinari “Marchesi di Gresy“
- Langhe Riesling DOC Ettore Germano
- Roero Arneis DOCG Almondo“Bricco delle Ciliegie“
- Enigma Dry Moscato 499 Azienda Agricola
Località Bricco del Gallo, Sinio, CN, Italia