Albeit of ancient origin and with a vast main city in Roman times, the village has hardly preserved any trace of its glorious past.
Naranzana was a strategically located village, along the “Via Magistra”, where in 1974 the brothers Patetta, while ploughing, found the remains of a Roman necropolis.
Amidst the vineyards on Monte Oliveto, stones of square or rectangular shapes are continually coming to light, revealing the existence of ancient settlements.
The Via Magistra is ideal for hiking or mountain biking.
Trezzo Tinella – what it looked like
Trezzo Tinella (pop.866). Located amidst fertile hills, between the Tinella stream and a branch of the Tanaro river, 12 kilometers from Alba; you can find the parish of San Antonio Abate and a Congregation of charity. Grapes, cereals, marzuolo truffles and chestnuts.
History records – This village was mentioned as Terse in the 973 diploma issued by Emperor Otto, through which he made various donations to the church of Asti. Even before 1200 it was under the rule of the lords of Revello, who received it from the Marquis of Busca; it was then passed on to the Laurenti d’Asti family, of which Giovannone had only a daughter, named Violante, who brought a dowry of the fief to her husband, Andrea Marquis of Busca, lord of Cossano.
Electoral District of Cuneo III (Alba) – Diocese of Alba – P1 T. in Alba.
Gustavo Straforello – Turin 1891 –The homeland. Geography of Italy. Province of Cuneo – Volume 1