Govone is dominated by an impressive baroque castle.
Interesting is the gothic parish church, built in the XIV century and dedicated to S. Secondo.
An important wine-making center, Govone produces one of the best Piedmontese Barbera.
Already inhabited in ancient times, the town was under the Holy See’s influence already before the year 1000.
Its lords were of the “de Govono” family, and during the XI century fought many times against the bishop.
During time the town was owned by the Solaro family and, since the late eighteenth century, by the Savoia.