This hamlet is situated on a hill at an altitude of 449 metres above sea level. Here a big hamlet developed, that later constituted the origin of the village of Sinio.
The current Denegri house corresponds to the noble building that was distinguished by the family coat of arms outside of the entrance and inside by wooden coffered ceilings and access to an underground way.
The oratory of the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary, originally the seat of worship of the Brotherhood of the Disciplinanti, is now fully adapted to a theatre hall seat of the Compagnia del Nostro Teatro di Sinio.
The Barbaresco medieval tower is considered the largest and most massive in Piedmont. Its 36 meters in height makes it today a symbol of the Langhe that is definitely worth visiting on a clear day, so as to admire a splendid, 360° panorama.
Aside from being a picturesque city of arts and studies, situated near the Langhe and the Alps, Mondovì is also somewhat peculiar: it is distributed on several levels. At the top, we find the Piazza district, 559 meters ASL on the hill known as Monte Regale, the original core of the city, while located at the […]
Cherasco – Rebuilt in 1616-1620, it hosted the Holy Shroud in 1706. Here Napoleon dictated to the Savoia the text of the Piedmontese surrender. The outside is rather simple, but the inside is rich and various.
Castino has three monasteries. The one ddicated to santa Maria delle Grazie stands on the hill in front of the town, halfway up, on one of the many old streets leading to Alba. The Saint Martin one is in the plain, near the town.
The historical centre of the town is sided by a series of buildings known as Palazzo Gaiero. It’s a typical example of the many Renaissance building that can still be found in the Langhe: its main structure and the chapel were built in the sixteenth century.
The farm and cellars of Fontanafredda were built in 1878 for Emanuele di Mirafiori, son of the king Vittorio Emanuele II. The wine-making farm, over a century old, is worth a visit; especially the Hunting House of the Bela Rosin, carefuuly restored so as to preserve its nineteenth-century beauty. On the velvet of its salons […]
The Roero is rich of little buildings, in the local dialect called “ciabòt”. Born as simple shelters made of grass or corn, they later became buildings in wood and bricks.
The square has been transformed a few years ago into an auditorium dedicated to the pianist Horszowski, who inaugurated it in 1986, and offers a strongly suggestive atmosphere.
All the streets in the town of Piazza lead to the big square: an asymmetric, original gothic square surrounded by a portico. It has a single baroque nave, with red columns, frames and wooden decorations, and frescos.
Built in the XIII cantury, it’s the main monument in Castellino Tanaro.
This kind of tower were built as a defence against the Saracens, who used to rob these places coming from their villages on the sea.
Albaretto della Torre – The tower that soares on the houses in the central square is the only remaining of a castle built by the Del Carretto family and destroyed in 1630 by the French artillery, who were in the Langhe during the war for the succession on the throne of Monferrato. It has a […]
On the town square, in fron of the parish church, between simple homes, there’s the little oratory dedicated so saint Michael. It’s a real jewel of a paining, for both dimensions and artistic level.