Parish Church of San Giorgio
The San Giorgio church was built in the 15th century after the apostolic visitors insisted numerous times to move the Neviglie place of worship from the Concentric – where you can still see the ancient parish of San Michele – in the heart of the villa.
The parish’s centerpiece is the magnificent tempera on panel by Macrino d’Alba, depicting The mystical wedding of Santa Caterina of Alessandria.
Ancient parish church of San Michele
Not far from the San Giorgio church emerges San Michele, which was once an ancient parish in Neviglie. The church, which now belongs to the Confraternity of the Disciplined, is also called the Church of the Beaten.
Next to the churches around Neviglie we can see some of the rural renaissance chapels, which, along with the votive pillars, were built along the main roads and are a typical feature of the “religious and cultural landscape” of the Langhe and Roero hills.
This is a quite simple renaissance style building. The chapel is located along the road which links Neviglie to Mango and was built between the 15th and 16th centuries. It was used between 1630 and 1635 to gather the dead caused by the plague outside the town, waiting to be buried. The chapel, as it stands, is the result of continuous touch-ups that have taken place over the centuries.
The chapel is located on the road that leads to the town of Bonora, once used as the main road to reach Neive. The building dates back to the 15th century. It is currently in poor condition because the roof and part of the exterior walls have collapsed.