Verduno – The old castle, badly damaged during the French-Spanish wars, was partly rebuilt by the architect Juvarra for the cout of santa Vittoria Luigi Caisotti, later marquis of Verduno. In 1838 it was bought by the king Carlo Alberto, who wanted to transform it into a wine-making farm.
Over the years the building was abandoned, until in 1910 it was bought by Giovanni Battista Burlotto, one of the “fathers” of Barolo wine.
It now is a restaurant, with a typical atmosphere.
Photo Credits: Le Terre dei Savoia